Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Computers

Shortly before graduating I decided it was time for a new computer. Apple was the first choice because of my desire to change to a Mac as my primary machine and their educational discount. So, I got this great deal on a previous generation iMac. Well, after about a week of using it, I noticed about 10 random specs on the screen. Turns out there was tons of dust trapped between the actual screen and the outside glass display. No good! One of my biggest pet peeves is dust trapped under screens. Either do it right or don't do it at all. Unfortunately, I sent my iMac back. I wasn't sure what to get next. The newer, Aluminum MacBooks have the same type of display, so it was between a Mac mini or a plastic, white MacBook. After reading about some problems with the Mac mini I decided to try my luck with the white MacBook. Ha! After about two days I noticed my gradient grays were showing up as a nastly yellow. Apple deemed the screen defective and now that is heading back. Now I stuck using my trusty, old iBook as the motherboard in my slightly, faster Windows PC decided to fail.

What do I do next?

To be honest, I thinking I'm going to pick up a Lenovo ThinkPad T400. I can get a great deal on an excellent computer for less than $1000. I really wanted a Mac, but until they can figure out their screen issues I'm done.

No comments: